Chapelton Bike Ride to Return for Third Year
The Chapelton Bike Ride is back for its third year, set to take place on Sunday 2nd September.
People of all ages are welcome to enjoy this fun-filled day which will once again raise much-needed funds for local charity North East Sensory Services, adding to the current £14,424 total raised from previous bike rides.
Whether you’re keen to get involved in the ride itself, spectate or just enjoy the activities on the day, here are some helpful tips to bring you up-to-speed on everything there is to know about the event. We can’t wait to see you all there.
- The Bike Ride, sponsored by Burness Paull, will begin at 10:30am with the 42 mile route taking in Chapelton, Durris Forest and the village of Stonehaven
- A shorter 12 mile route will start at 12pm with participants cycling in and around Chapelton’s roads and pathways
- A 5km Chapelton Trail walk, sponsored by Brio Retirement Living, will begin shortly after 12pm offering those keen to take part in a less strenuous challenge to stretch their legs and also provide younger children with an activity through the grounds of nearby Elsick House
Food, Drink and Entertainment
- The cycling and walking activities will be followed by live music, a selection of stalls selling local produce and entertainment from Northsound’s Michael Macdermid
- Individual registration costs £15 for the 42 mile route per person or £5 per person for the 12 mile route
- Team entry for four people is available at a reduced rate of £50 for the longer route and £15 for the 12 mile route
- All pre-registered riders will receive a free T-shirt and goodie bag
- An additional fee of £5 will be applied to those registering on the day. Registration closes on 31st August
- The Chapelton Trail walk is free for all participants
For more information or to register for the Chapelton Bike Ride, visit www.chapeltonbikeride.co.uk