The annual Chapelton Bike Ride and 5k walk is returning to the town for its fourth year on the 1st September 2019.
Sponsored by Burness Paull and Brio Retirement Living, the event will raise money for charity North East Sensory Service, a cause dedicated to helping blind and deaf people achieve independence.
- The Bike Ride, kicks off at 10:30am with the 42 mile route going through Chapelton, Durris Forest and the village of Stonehaven.
- A shorter 12 mile route will start at 12pm with participants cycling through the town’s roads and pathways.
- A 5km Chapelton Trail walk, sponsored by Brio Retirement Living, will begin just after 12pm from the Brio Hut at Liddell Park, offering those looking for a slightly easier challenge the chance to stretch their legs and also provide younger children with an activity through the grounds of the beautiful Elsick House.
- Food and drinks will be on offer for participants and spectators.
- There will also be great local stalls selling crafts and bespoke jewellery.
- Individual registration costs £15 for the 42 mile route per person or £5 per person for the 12 mile route.
- Entry for four people is available at a reduced group rate of £50 for the longer route and £15 for the 12 mile route.
- All pre-registered riders will receive a free T-shirt and goodie bag.
- An additional fee of £5 will be applied to those registering on the day. Registration closes on 31st August.
- The Chapelton Trail walk is free for all participants with donations to North East Sensory Services welcome.
For more information or to register for the Chapelton Bike Ride or Walk, visit www.chapeltonbikeride.co.uk