This new rider bike maintenance workshop is aimed at anyone new to cycling and seeking a solid foundation of understanding how a bicycle works.
Cy-tech qualified Master Technician Mike, from local business Trinity Frameworks, will deliver this course which is useful to new cyclists who want to know when their bike needs a service and will also show some basics of bike maintenance.
- Duration: 3 hours.
- Location: The Hut, Liddell Place, Chapelton AB39 8AE.
- Date: Sunday 27th February 2022
- Time: 2pm – 5pm
Things to bring:
- Please bring your own bike
- Any cycle tools you may have
- Use of appropriate workshop tools and bike stands will be provided
How to book tickets:
Tickets are £35 and the workshop can be booked here.
What the course will cover:
- Wheel removal
- Bike anatomy
- Removal of tyre and tube from the rim
- Inner tube inspection
- Inner tube repair
- Installation of tyre and tube onto a wheel
- Wheel installation
- Chain wear and damage
- Chain cleaning
- Chain lubrication
- Rear sprocket inspection and cleaning
- Index adjustment of rear derailleur only
- Wheel wear, damage, repair
- Brake pads-to-rim and pad-to-rotor inspection
- Adjusting brake cable slack
- Frame damage