The Chapelton Bike Ride is Back for its Second Year
Set to take place on Sunday 3rd September in the heart of the town, we’ll be welcoming people of all ages to enjoy this fun-filled day and raise much-needed funds for local charity, North East Sensory Services.
Here are some helpful tips to bring you up-to-speed on everything there is to know about the event. We can’t wait to see you all there.
- The Bike Ride will begin at 10:30am with the 42 mile route taking in Chapelton, Durris Forest and the village of Stonehaven
- A shorter 12 mile route will start at 12pm with participants cycling in and around Chapelton’s roads and pathways
- A 5km Chapelton Trail walk will begin shortly after 12pm offering those keen to take part in a less strenuous challenge stretch their legs and also provide younger children with an activity through the grounds of nearby Elsick House
Food, Drink and Entertainment
- The cycling and walking activities will be followed by live music, a selection of stalls selling local produce and entertainment from Northsound’s Michael Macdermid
- Stall holders include: The Bay Fish and Chips, jewellery company Stella & Dot, artist Bee Struthers and The Aurora Juice Company
- Individual registration costs £15 for the 42 mile route per person or £5 per person for the 12 mile route
- Team entry for four people is available at a reduced rate of £50 for the longer route and £15 for the 12 mile route
- All pre-registered riders will receive a free T-shirt and goodie bag
- An additional fee of £5 will be applied to those registering on the day. Registration closes on Thursday 31st August
- The Chapelton Trail walk is free for all participants
For more information or to register for the Chapelton Bike Ride, visit www.chapeltonbikeride.co.uk